Fundamentals of Medicinal Chemistry
For anyone interested in learning more about the chemistry behind medicines, Fundamentals of Medicinal Chemistry is an excellent resource that effectively distills this knowledge into a brief and straightforward format.
The first part of the book examines the chemical makeup and naming conventions of the most prevalent types of chemicals found in living things. After introducing the fundamentals of medicinal chemistry, subsequent chapters focus on topics such as drug discovery and design, pharmacokinetics, and drug metabolism. The last section of the book covers organic synthesis and then provides a high-level overview of the medication development process, from initial research through final product distribution.
- Wilson and Gisvold’s Textbook of Organic Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry – 12th Edition
- Principles of Organic Medicinal Chemistry – 1st Edition
- Medicinal Chemistry: A Molecular and Biochemical Approach – 3rd Edition
- Textbook of Medicinal Chemistry – Volume 2 – 3rd Edition
- March’s Advanced Organic Chemistry: Reactions, Mechanisms, and Structure – 6th Edition